From trip protection to safety and support, we’ve got all your questions answered! If you'd prefer to skip the reading and start searching for your perfect ride, click here.
How it works:
Rent cars from locals when you need, for as long as you need, rent by the hour or by the day - to go down the road or up the coast! To find out more about how a trip works from start to finish, and the verification process involved you can read more here.
How you’re protected:
Here's how you're protected when borrowing on Uber Carshare:
- Trip Cover: All trips include damage cover from Mobility Mutual. If you’re responsible for damage or loss to a car you borrow through Uber Carshare, the most you’ll need to pay is your excess (subject to exclusions). You can find out more about damage and loss cover works for borrowers here.
- Contactless Key Collection: Borrowers can arrange to pick up and return the keys safely via an electronic lockbox, so you can borrow a car without ever having to meet the owner.
- 24/7 Support and Roadside Assist: All trips include 24-hour roadside assistance and member support, we have your back every step of the way.
When you rent with Uber Carshare you only pay for:
- The time you book the car
- The distance you drive
- The booking fee
- Damage cover fee (so that you're protected)
Any fuel the Borrower purchases during a trip is charged to the Owner through the pay-and-refund system. Uber Carshare offers free cancellation for any trips cancelled within 48 hours too. To find out more about how pricing works for borrowers you can read more here.
Hear from our members!
Pat and Mel enjoy weekend road trips for less:
“I rent out my parking space on Parkhound and the money I get from that pretty much funds my Uber Carshare use.” Read the full story here.
How this family lives car-free with a toddler:
“When someone asks if you have a car, and you say no, they expect you to struggle. But it’s nice to be able to say we have Uber Carshare. It's convenient and easy to use. We are helping the owner of the car to make money which is good for them and it’s good for us as well. It’s just a win-win." Read the full story here.
To find the perfect car for your next trip start here.
If you would prefer to do your own research you can always visit our help centre here.